Each public and private college in Indiana is asked to identify up to two women faculty, staff, or administrators on that campus who will serve as a liaison to the ACE-WIN and as a catalyst for activities at the home campus. These individuals are called Institutional Representatives (IRs). This opportunity is usually offered to women who have already demonstrated support or a passion for women’s leadership. Institutional Reps are usually appointed by the president or chancellor of the institution and serve a 2-year term.
The role of the Institutional Representative is to:
- keep women and administrators in their institution informed of activities of the Network and to encourage their involvement
- engage in awareness, and the development of local campus activities
- act as advocates for women on their campuses
- encourage the advancement of women in higher education locally and throughout the state.
The responsibilities of the Institutional Representative are to:
Serve as the institution’s official representative to the ACE Women’s Network of Indiana. At minimum:
- Share communications with the institution’s women and president
- Participate in a minimum of one IR event annually
- Attend the Annual State Conference
- Submit the IR Annual Report
ADDITIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Enlist the support of other women at your institution by assessing needs and facilitating institutional professional development programming that represents the mission of the ACE Women’s Network of Indiana. Build a campus network whereby other women are identified as potential leaders and mentored in their aspirations.
- Establish and/or collaborate with other campus programs/activities focusing on women.
- Educate women at your institution about the Network’s mission and major initiatives (e.g. Annual Conference).
- Establish, when appropriate, linkages between the state network and other campus programs focusing on women. Facilitate communication with women throughout your institution by disseminating information provided by ACE-WIN regarding opportunities for professional development, professional advancement, grant/research funding, call for papers/proposals from ACE-WIN
- Encourage attendance by women at your institution at the Annual Statewide Conference and other programs sponsored by the ACE-WIN.
- Keep your institution’s president (or administrator designated by the president) informed of the strategic goals and activities of the network and local events you have planned. You are important in the feedback loop to the president.
- Provide information to the State Institutional Representative Director about women administrators on the campus, including new appointments, resignations, title changes, vacant leadership positions, etc. so these can be added to communications to inform and celebrate as appropriate.
- Create opportunities for campus women at all levels to get to know one another’s interests, ambitions, and talents.
IR CONTACT DIRECTORY - Coming soon