The ACE Women's Network is a national system of networks within each state, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia with the goal of advancing and supporting women in higher education. Each state network is led by a state chair who works with institutional representatives and at least one presidential sponsor to develop programs that identify, develop, encourage, advance, link, and support (IDEALS) women in higher education careers within that state.
- IDENTIFIES emerging and successful women leaders.
- DEVELOPS their leadership abilities through state and national programming.
- ENCOURAGES the use of those abilities.
- ADVANCES them through nomination to appropriate positions.
- LINKS them to one another and to mentors.
- SUPPORTS the tenure of mid- and senior-level women administrators and presidents throughout their career cycles.
The state networks are linked to one another through their connection with ACE and the ACE Women's Network Executive Council, a group of senior women executives from across the country who serve as both mentors to the state chairs and as advisers to ACE on the overall functioning of the ACE Women's Network. State chairs also benefit from the mentorship and advice from college and university presidents and chancellors who have agreed to serve as presidential sponsors.Learn more about the national ACE Women’s Network